The 8(a) Business Development Mentor-Protégé Program is designed to provide various forms of business development assistance to 8(a) Program Participants. The overall goal is to help them be competitive, achieve entrepreneurial success, and contribute to the strength and vigor of our economy.
The purpose of the 8(a) BD Mentor-Protégé relationship is to:
- Enhance the capabilities of the protégé
- Assist the protégé with meeting the goals established in its SBA-approved business plan
- Improve the protégé’s ability to successfully compete for contracts.
Benefits of 8(a) BD Mentor-Protégé program:
- Technical and management assistance – the mentor’s expertise, resources, and capabilities are made available to the protégé.
- Contracting – Mentors can provide assistance relevant to performance of non-8(a) contracts so that protégé firms more fully develop their competitive capabilities.
- JV’s – Mentors can enter into joint-venture arrangements with protégés to compete for, and perform on, certain federal government contracts.
- Financial assistance in the form of equity and/or loans.
Current S&K M-P Agreements:
Pro2Serve / S&K Aerospace
SAIC, Inc. / S&K Global Solutions